Old 10-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Colin Davidson

Default is there such a thing as...

"Andy Spragg" wrote in message

Blackcurrant wine is rather drinkable. Blackcurrant and x wine, where
x might be elderberry or damson, for example, would I imagine be
sensational - haven't tried it yet. So yes, freeze the lot, wait for
the elderberry-harvest-to-end-all-elderberry-harvests that is in the
pipeline, and ease off on the pies a bit ...

You have to be careful with blackcurrant wine, it's got a heck of a lot of
acid in it and you can end up with thin, watery battery acid type stuff if
you're not careful. Look up a recipe, and I reccomend using one that uses
only about 2-3lb of fruit per gallon.

Alternatively soak some blackcurrants in rum with sugar, the resulting
blackcurrant rum is truly superb.