Old 10-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default SunSugar tomato

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:47:30 -0700,
(dkra) wrote:

Right now it's in a 3-gallon pot on my fire escape, it gets adequate sun,
but after about a week or so outside its stem and leaves have turned dark
purple (as tomato foliage often does upon exposure to cold). Weather has
been sunny but somewhat cool and the plant hasn't get taken off. I gave
it some Ironite and Scott's Vegetable Food (20-27-5) and a deep watering,
last night.

I don't know why all these people are using Ironite on
tomatoes. Maybe it's the greatest thing since sliced bread,
BUT....

I've never used it, gardened in five different locations for
a total of almost 30 years, and have always had good
tomatoes.

I'd never heard of Ironite before reading messages here.

I do use 'Tomatoes Alive' from
http://www.gardensalive.com ,
when I can remember to use it, that is.

Pat