Old 10-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Bill R

Default tomato stakes

Ann wrote:
Bill R expounded:

DO NOT use "rebar" for plant supports. The rust from them
can kill your plants and they look like crap after just a
few weeks. There are MUCH better items to use for plant
support.

No, rust won't kill your plants, and your tomatoes should be big
enough in a few weeks that you won't even see the rust! Many people
use rebar, I prefer the plastic coated metal rods (I pay for pretty).

I never mentioned tomato plants but I do know several people
that have lost many Hollyhocks and other tall plants after
using "rebar" to support them. It could be that they were
coated with some other chemical that harmed the plants.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden visit http://members.iglou.com/brosen