Old 10-07-2003, 04:45 PM
BenignVanilla

Default BV - Fix your Email

"John Hines" wrote in message
news
"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

BTW, I'd love to see the posts you said you mailed, but I don't see your
email in my inbox.

Please fix your email system. People in this group are going out of
their way to un-mung your address, and not getting through. This isn't
the first case, I got bit by this also.

Your anti-spam system is broke, please fix it.

I've noticed that most spammers don't pick up on the reply to header,
take a look at my headers here.

John, I disagree. I use my BV address only for Usenet, and since I started
using the inserted gibberish, the amount of SPAM I receive has plummeted.
Simply removing the obvious wording from my address will allow the mail to
reach me. Besides, this is a very common Usenet practice, so I do not think
it is too much of a big deal.

I understand this can be a nuisance, so I do not expect anyone to go out of
their way to do it, if it is too much. I have 10's of messages in my box now
from fellow rec.ponders. I am not sure why I did not receive Greg's. That is
to be determined.

BV.