Old 10-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Love my Mulberry tree!!!

Wendy Kelly Budd wrote:
Oh,no!!!! Do they eat the leaves also?

--
Wendy* in N. California,
"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a
relative." Mordecai Siegal

"MLEBLANCA" wrote in message

In article , "Wendy Kelly Budd"
writes:

With all the bad press of a mulberry tree (Morus nigra), I want to give

it a

Yes vote. The tree is only 3 years old and giving us a bumper crop this
year! Every morning, I eat breakfast at this wonderful tree. We did

plant

it where no one walks under the tree, so the fruit that falls doesn't

cause

a mess.
--
Wendy* in N. California,

Just wait until it gets large enough that the Cedar Waxwings discover it,
and you have "purple rain" all day for weeks!!! :^)

Emilie
also in NorCal

Groundhogs love mulberries too. We have one at
the bottom of our lot. The groundhog actually
climbs the tree for the berries. Once he fell
on his head - it only stunned him slightly. He
shook himself and slowly walked away. He puts
on a show every year going far out on limbs. We
just wait for him to fall again.

--
Bonnie
NJ