Old 10-07-2003, 06:31 PM
John Hines

Default BV - Fix your Email

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
news
"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

BTW, I'd love to see the posts you said you mailed, but I don't see your
email in my inbox.

Please fix your email system. People in this group are going out of
their way to un-mung your address, and not getting through. This isn't
the first case, I got bit by this also.

Your anti-spam system is broke, please fix it.

I've noticed that most spammers don't pick up on the reply to header,
take a look at my headers here.

John, I disagree. I use my BV address only for Usenet, and since I started
using the inserted gibberish, the amount of SPAM I receive has plummeted.
Simply removing the obvious wording from my address will allow the mail to
reach me. Besides, this is a very common Usenet practice, so I do not think
it is too much of a big deal.

It just breaks the usefulness of decent software. One klick or key is
all that should be needed to reply, and has been for a long time.

I understand this can be a nuisance, so I do not expect anyone to go out of
their way to do it, if it is too much. I have 10's of messages in my box now
from fellow rec.ponders. I am not sure why I did not receive Greg's. That is
to be determined.

Again, IF IT WORKED when people bother to use it.

And I'm pointing out that greg isn't the only that has had problems.