Old 10-07-2003, 07:58 PM
joe

Default BV - Fix your Email

BenignVanilla wrote:

Do you mean others have had problems sending to me? I don't understand.
Anyway, I don't feel so strongly about this, that I would want to argue
either side. If others feel the anti-SPAM content is a pain, I'll happily
remove it from my email address settings. In fact, consider it done...just
give me a few days to remember to do it on all of my PC's.

Here's what I do, YMMV.

For every person (or group of people) I want to receive mail from I set up a
"rule" in my email program. The rule simply states, when you get a message
from this person (a specific email address) place the email in this folder.

So, when an email arrives, the program checks through the rules. If it finds
an applicable rule it moves the message, otherwise it puts it in a "look
then dump" folder.

This way, I know when an email is something I want to read, and very much
reduces the list of emails I have to look through to be sure I'm not missing
someone important (like this morning I got an email from Sue Alexander,
that was in my look and then dump folder because there was no rule for her.
So I made one that will now place any message from her in my pond folder)

I have other rules that automatically put stuff in the trash from people or
organizations I know I don't want to hear from.

Still, every morning I have to look at about 100 emails - but better than
1000.

Joe