Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Looking for companion plant suggestions

WCD wrote:

I am going to be planting some raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
and rhubarb. Are there plants that are known to do well when planted
with any of these?

from a variety of web sites I gathered companion info

Rhubarb
=========
Columbines, roses, wallflowers, garlic, onions

LOVAGE is antagonistic to Rhubarb

Red Raspberry
=============
dislikes Black raspberry & Potato

Strawberries
===============
Bush beans, Lettuce, Onion, pea, spinach, borage like
Raspberrry. Chrysanthmum especially like strawberry

Do not plant strawberries where tomatoes, potatoes, peppers or
eggplant have been grown in the past four years, because these crops
carry the root rot fungus Verticillium which also attacks strawberries

Brasiccas (Broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, turnips, collards, sprouts
& cabbage) dislike strawberries

There are plants that are generally recommended but nothing else
specific to yours.

Among others, Lamb's quarters, lemon balm, marigolds(tagetes),
majoram, nasturitum, oregano, Pot Marigolds(calendula), aster
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener