Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 PM
John Hines

Default BV - Fix your Email

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
snip
And I'm pointing out that greg isn't the only that has had problems.

Do you mean others have had problems sending to me? I don't understand.
Anyway, I don't feel so strongly about this, that I would want to argue
either side. If others feel the anti-SPAM content is a pain, I'll happily
remove it from my email address settings. In fact, consider it done...just
give me a few days to remember to do it on all of my PC's.

I've had trouble, so has greg. I don't know how much more evidence of
missing email you'll find.

Actually, what I recommend is to keep what you got, but add a reply to
header. Historically, people have often read news from accounts other
than their main account. Thus there is a special header that tells the
news reader to send email there, rather than the news account, if it is
set (otherwise it defaults).

For example, look at my header(s). the news addy is jbhines at newsguy,
which gets NOTHING but spam. My main addy is john at jhines dot org,
which is my main email addy. This addy gets like 1% of the spam that the
other one gets. And that is with no munging or other spam protection,
other than dumping stuff that isn't actually addressed (IE used the bcc
header) to me.

You use MS OE which kinda ignores what was found to have worked in the
almost decade of use people had before MS discovered usenet. The reply
to header seems to be ignored by most spammers. I don't use OE my self,
so I can't help you with it, but it should be able to show, and set
headers.