Old 10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Al

Default AOS forum

There have always been moderated newsgroups. I was referring to my
understanding that there is no way to convert an unmoderated newsgroup into
a moderated on once it's charter has been approved and the group initiated.
It doesn't make any sense that this is so, but that's the way I thought it
worked, or at least worked in the past. Things do change...

I would hate to see this newsgroup moderated.

To my friend who sent the private email about my comments on free speech in
this thread, (I know you're still reading this): How does the first
amendment guarantee us, as Americans, the right to say whatever we want
about whoever we want in the AOS forum just because we have paid our dues?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances. "

Okay I will be quiet now...

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message

A moderator is not possible here in rgo because there is no way to

reproduce
a controlling centralized reviewer. I don't think there is anyway.

There is a mechanism. There are plenty of moderated newsgroups. But I
don't think it is a good idea, either.

Rob (He's baaaack...)

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit