Old 10-07-2003, 09:10 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Raccoon Repellent

"bobkiely" wrote in message
news:OwiPa.586$zy.536@fed1read06...
What am I going to do now? Well I am not going to remove all my water
hyacinths for sure. One of them is blooming. Actually I have to take the

5th
on what my next step will be. All I can say that I believe in fate and

luck.
It was the raccoon's fate that he found my pond and also his bad luck that
he has to deal with my defending it. If you think of them as a very large
disease carrying rodent who wants to decimate all the work and money

you've
put into your pond as well as killing your pets, then escalating the force
with which you defend it seems rational. And during that escalation if the
size of the projectile has to increase slightly and the propellant changes
from air to something that creates a larger echo across the lake, then so

be
it.

snip

Do you know someone with a mid to large sized dog? I wonder if you could
borrow it for a week or so? I would think a snarling, barking dog would do
the trick.

BV.