Old 10-07-2003, 09:17 PM
bobkiely

Default Raccoon Repellent

BV....I know....somebody initially suggested I just call animal control and
have them deal with it. Well what fun is that?? I'm a writer and I need the
material! This banter back and forth between all the contributors could be
the basis of a TV sitcom or at least a very funny short story. I just cut
and pasted some of the best posts on this thread and sent it to all my
friends who rely on me to provide them with some weekly humor. I see most of
them on Friday nights and if for some reason I didn't send anything that
week, some actually complain like their paying for a subscription or
something. :-)
BK

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
"bobkiely" wrote in message
Hank, FYI, I took this off the Haveahart.com website:
"Raccoons are known carriers of several diseases that are transmittable

humans and pets. Diseases such as rabies, tuberculosis, canine and

feline
distemper, and parasites such as roundworm. Roundworm is contracted by
humans accidentally ingesting or inhaling eggs that are passed through

the
raccoon feces. Children are at risk because while playing could get it

on
their hands and then, as children will do, put their hands in their

mouths.
Remind children not to go near them. Be a responsible pet owner and keep
your pets away from raccoons."

snip

I am laughing silly over here, at you guys not being able to get rid of
these coons. This IS EASY!!! Come on! I suggest you rent CaddyShack, get a
pencil and some paper and take notes.

BV.