Old 10-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Hank Pagel

Default Raccoon Repellent

I know you are trying to convince yourself, because I see them as
highly intelligent mammals that just happen to be lower on the food
chain than us. (No not a tree-hugger, just respect) I also would leave
the fifth alone, booze and firearms don't mix. For me extermination
would be the last resort.
On the other hand we will see what tomorrow brings now that mama
is relocated. I had to dump her out of the cage and she ran like hell.
WHEW!!!! Me man! Vicious animals run from me! So much for the macho
crap, glad she ran, I think she was faster than me anyway.

"bobkiely" wrote in message
What am I going to do now? Well I am not going to remove all my

water
hyacinths for sure. One of them is blooming. Actually I have to take

the 5th
on what my next step will be. All I can say that I believe in fate

and luck.
It was the raccoon's fate that he found my pond and also his bad

luck that
he has to deal with my defending it. If you think of them as a very

large
disease carrying rodent who wants to decimate all the work and money

you've
put into your pond as well as killing your pets, then escalating the

force
with which you defend it seems rational. And during that escalation

if the
size of the projectile has to increase slightly and the propellant

changes
from air to something that creates a larger echo across the lake,

then so be
it.

After all, if he would just walk another 200 yards he would be at

that
24-acre lake full of largemouth bass, bluegill, catfish and carp. He

comes
to my pond because it's a lot smaller and easier to fish in. Well,

easier is
not always better as there is a much bigger hazard to fishing in my

pond.
BK

"infoseeker" reply by post thx wrote in message
OH NO!!!
What are you going to try next? Maybe I should return my urine

(ha ha)
now
without using it. Those raccoons make water gardens hard to do

(with
fish).

and, yes, I'm also at war with moles. And the moles are mocking

me. They
sit in the burrows and laugh- I'm sure of it. I stick mole bombs

(sulfur)
down the holes, and the next morning, the wrappers are

unceremoniously
tossed onto the grass right outside the hole! I feel for sure

that they
are
just giggling their way through my lawn. And yes, I tried Castor

oil a
few
years ago- man that stuff is hard to spray. The result? The best

looking
moles you ever saw! Hey, maybe this is a side business waiting to

happen-
if I could catch the critters! (And yes, tried traps, but it

didn't kill
the guy- and that was traumatic- for us. We actually freed the

guy in a
near by wild wild park- not pretty lawns). Perhaps the moles and

raccoons
are haivng laughing parties at my expense!

"bobkiely" wrote in message
*LOL* You sir are just a little TOO MUCH! *LOL* The dispensers

are
little
bottles about the size and shape of shampoo bottles you get in a

hotel
with
3/8" circles cut out on all 4 sides, a cotton ball inside and a

small
cable
tie used to hang it from whatever you choose. Now maybe you can

purge
that
other image from your mind. :-)

This however, is all moot as (the following in 48pt, bold,

underlined,
color
bright red)....THE COYOTE URINE DOES NOT, repeat DOES NOT WORK!

The next
report I give on the coyote urine is whether I was able to

retrieve my
$16.78 from the place I bought it!

Fortunately I saw him within 20-30 seconds of his arrival. When

I jumped
up
he saw me through the window and ran back out through the gate.

Once
there
he made a 180 and looked back in through the gate. His nose was

2 " away
from the CP dispenser for for at least 10 seconds. No reaction

at all -
nada - nothing. Then not seeing me he decided to come back in

and I was
waiting for him and without going into detail, I discouraged him

again
and
he left and didn't come back.

BK

"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
BK, I'm sorry but something you said keeps sticking in my

mind ....."
So I went
over there
and bought an 8 oz bottle plus a couple of

dispensers."
Somehow I keep picturing the original dispenser the coyote

used, in a
blister pack, hanging on a hook in the store. ...............

and you
buying two of them.
On a serious note, They have not touched my

WH but
they have torn out 80% of my water cress. I thought they were

just mad
at me but the water cress does taste pretty good. That could

be the
target. They think it's a salad bar with frog legs, escargot

and sushi
side dishes.

"bobkiely" wrote in message
Hank: 3 straight nights now since I marked my territory with

CP and
no
visits from the Raccoons. (Fingers crossed/knock on wood) I

even
took down
my soft drink can pyramid (well today is trash day too).
BK