Old 11-07-2003, 04:09 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Re(2): Earthworms

writes:
Glenna,
I like your idea with the concrete blocks. SOmeday when I get some land I
am going to do just this! Imagine the wonderful fertile beds!
Roz
az usa

It works really great and can be moved if necessary and you have a lot of
energy to spare.g

I was very fortunate to happen upon these through the efforts of a
neighbor and acquired 300 of them. Some are/will be used for raised beds
and the rest will remain walls for the horse manure bin. I've considered
making a rectangle with two parallel rows with the blocks several high for
the walls of a greenhouse and filling the in-between with fresher manure
for the generated heat. Many huge greenhouses are heated like that, year
round, when there is an ongoing supply of manure available (of course,
their walls are higher and of a permanent nature). Some just have the
concrete walls and pile the fresh manure against them and the following
summer remove the then-aged manure and start a fresh "stack" . . . a
terrific idea to use the resources available and cut power costs while
maintaining a steady heat supply.

Glenna