Old 11-07-2003, 04:18 AM
Tim Fischer

Default Impulse Sprinkler

"Bob" wrote in message
news
If the sprinkler is setup properly, and not damaged, the likely problem is
insufficient water pressure/volume. Try it with a shorter or larger
diameter
hose (or none at all) or use a faucet closer to the main water entry to

your
house.

If the sprinkler is "impulsing" (the little "pendulum" being thrust out by
the water, and the sprinkler making the classic "tsst tsst tsst" sound) then
there should be more than enough water pressure to reverse. Even if there
wasn't, I'd think the sprinkler would simply get stuck at the RHS of the
watering area, but the OP made it sound like it was always just going in a
circle (or maybe I just read too much into the OP).

-Tim