Old 11-07-2003, 04:34 AM
dave weil

Default Spray Cecile Brunner Cecile Brunner (Cl)

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:52:26 -0700, Cass
wrote:

In article , dave weil
wrote:

http://mywpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/CB7.jpg

That certainly looks like my plain old Cecile Brunner in bud. Are the
pedicels (http://members.aol.com/mmmavocad3/RoseAnat2.html) spiny?

If you mean "do they have prehensile thorns", no, they are smooth. If
that's not what you mean, then you need to elaborate.

I assume that pedicels is a little different than panicles. Or am I
wrong? I assume that the main stem of the cluster is a pencuncle while
each branch is a pedicel, right? I would guess that the whole assembly
is a panicle?

BTW, what is your "plain ole Cecile Brunner"? Climbing or bush?
Reblooming or not?