Old 11-07-2003, 06:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Is it legal? (plant acquisition)

Is the pond private (contact the owner) or public, contact something like
Game & Wildlife, or Ecology, or Wetlands in the name? ~ jan

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:29:35 GMT, "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)" wrote:

Is it legal to take pond plants from a local pond?

I have a Pickerel weed (given to me by a friend who was thinning theirs) and
would like more. My local pond has a TON. As a matter of fact, it has more
plant life than it ever has. Starting to look clogged. Tons of water lilies
as well. Is it illegal to take plants from a pond? Do I have to pay the $ to
get them at the not so local water nursery?

I don't want to do anything illegal here, so I'm checking. Who would I ask
locally to find out for sure? I'm not sure the police would know about that
sort of thing, would they?

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~