Old 11-07-2003, 09:20 AM
W Stiefer

Default Where to buy a LARGE Live Oak?

"If you want it done right,do it yourself."g
It's not impossible to educate yourself using the web and a few phone calls
to A&M.
Next would be equipment rental................................
Good luck.

wws

"gologa" wrote in message
I want to buy a large (6" or greater diameter) live oak for my S-SW Austin
backyard. Does anyone know where to get one that big, and have it

installed.

p.s. - I have heard about very big oaks being moved/transplanted before,
even 16-24 inch and larger diameter ones, but how is this done without
damaging some roots?
And I don't want to deal with Teds Trees again, as they often sell lemons
that die within a year. The survival of one of their trees is a 50/50
proposition, is seems, because they simply dig up sizeable trees to sell

at
the lot, and they are not very careful transplanting. I have several
personal and neighbor experiences that will bear witness to this.

Thanks!
gologa