Old 11-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Drakanthus

Default Finding a property with a Big Garden

What is your idea of a big garden?
David Hill

I know what you mean about "Big Garden". Our current property is on a 1/10
acre plot and in estate agent speak that is a "Spacious garden". Some other
properties estate agents have brought to our attention as "possibles" have
gardens half the size of ours or less. They don't seem to understand the
concept of 1/4 acre minimum. One even sent us details of a flat with no
garden at all!

Anyway, we are looking for 1/4 Acre minimum garden (veg and flowers), but a
smallholding would be very nice. I was brought up on a smallholding, and
quite fancy keeping a small amount of livestock. Tricky bit is finding
somewhere with a limited budget. There are a few such properties in Wales
and they aren't on the market very long, but that is where we are
considering now. Most of England is out of our price reach for what we want.
I've been put off Spain as I understand a new law has been created
"Ruralisation Scheme" or something similar, allowing developers to
effectively seize the gardens of people to put more houses on! Hope that
never happens here!

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).