Old 11-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Christopher Norton

Default what happened to mah taters?

The message ink.net
from "Stephen Peek" contains these words:

I'm in WNC, same problem here. I believe the seed potatoes rotted in the
ground.
Steve
Charles P wrote in message ...
East Tennessee. I've planted potatoes two times this year. Ordinarily,
they're my easiest crop. Stick 'em in the ground, mulch with leaves,
spray a few times for flea and potato beetles, and that's it. This year
we've had lots of rain. My taters never came up. I dig in my rows to
see what happened, and I find the rotten remnants. Most of the
chunks of seed potatoes never sprouted. Anybody else here in
the Southeast have similar results?

Where the seed tates chitted before you planted? If they wer`nt try that
next year.