Old 11-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Frogleg

Default Our garden on PBS local KLRU

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:34:40 GMT, animaux
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:03:02 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Search your cache of 'temporary internet files', if you haven't
cleared it since you viewed the movie. I'm trying to get used to
WinXP, and had to change search parameters to include "hidden" files
when I looked for it. The file is rains.mov.

My husband is a computer geek who works for Dell Inc. If he can't find it, it's
pretty obscure. We use WinXP Pro on a brand new machine. He's looked
everywhere.

Hey -- me, too! A new Dell, but with WinXP. And I *used* to be a
computer geek. I *knew* the file had to be cached, as when I went back
to the KLRU site, it played straight through instead of d'loading in
5-second chunks. I'm not at all happy with WinXP's 'search' function,
but when I nailed it to the wall and demanded it search *all* files,
incl. hidden ones, and used the search string "*.mov", I found it. And
saved it elsewhere.

Fortunately, someone in our city is sending us a copy on CD in two formats. One
will work on the computer, one on the DVD player. We'll see.