Old 11-07-2003, 02:32 PM
animaux

Default Our garden on PBS local KLRU

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:40:27 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

Hey -- me, too! A new Dell, but with WinXP. And I *used* to be a
computer geek. I *knew* the file had to be cached, as when I went back
to the KLRU site, it played straight through instead of d'loading in
5-second chunks. I'm not at all happy with WinXP's 'search' function,
but when I nailed it to the wall and demanded it search *all* files,
incl. hidden ones, and used the search string "*.mov", I found it. And
saved it elsewhere.

I'll tell my husband. I'm pretty sure he searched this machine like a surgeon
lysing adhesions. Do you like XP? He didn't like it as he thought it was not
as stable as Pro. It was a few hundred dollars more, but he uses this machine
for a lot of work things. We have SEVERAL Dell machines in a network, and
wireless. This room is starting to sound like a cacophony of buzzing!