Old 11-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default Bleach in a fountain?

Jan, you're right. When I turned a frog white, I had put in far too much
chlorine into the barrels.

I have a white 5 gallon bucket that I keep water in for watering plants.
It's in the full sun and gets algae. When the algae gets too much to look
at I just put in a few drops and the algae goes away.

City drinking water has chlorine in it and no harm. Just find the amount
that keeps algae off and doesn't make the water smell too strong of
chlorine. You might want to pressure wash with a garden hose first to
remove some of the stronger algae. Remembering from my tank days, chlorine
will dissipate after 48 hours.

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson." - Dalai Lama

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
My MILs fountain probably holds 5 gallons give or take and I think she is
using a capful once a week. Her dog drinks out of it constantly.... course
he is a "white" dog. ;o) That dose is maintenance, I think you should

clean
it as best you can to get the dose to work well. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a