Old 11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Gordon Williams

Default [IBC] Water pH

Hi,

I have been trying to grow mugho pines over the last few years with limited
success. So far I have killed about 5. I thought that it might be too
little sun or too much water, but now I am unsure. Even the ones that
survived 1 full year never did flourish and eventually died. Recently I had
the house water tested and the pH came back at 9.2. I spoke to someone in
the water treatment office and he didn't think that the water would affect
the plants because the soil would quickly change the pH of the water.

Any comments about if this might be a potential problem and what might be
done to correct it if required.

Regards,

Gordon Williams

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++