Old 11-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Hank Pagel

Default Is it legal? (plant acquisition)

Give yours a little time and you will be giving some to other people.
If you do take it from a wild pond you may be bringing home more than
just pickerel rush.

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in
message ...
Is it legal to take pond plants from a local pond?

I have a Pickerel weed (given to me by a friend who was thinning

theirs) and
would like more. My local pond has a TON. As a matter of fact, it

has more
plant life than it ever has. Starting to look clogged. Tons of water

lilies
as well. Is it illegal to take plants from a pond? Do I have to pay

the $ to
get them at the not so local water nursery?

I don't want to do anything illegal here, so I'm checking. Who would

I ask
locally to find out for sure? I'm not sure the police would know

about that
sort of thing, would they?

--
LN in S.NH