Old 11-07-2003, 05:45 PM
LeeAnne

Default Moving a bleeding heart

I'm no expert on plants, but last year I moved my bleeding hearts out of the
garden into their own space (they were getting large). I dug them, wrecked
the roots in the process, and planted them where I wanted them. To my
surprise they sprang up this spring -- not as large as they were last year
but they'll do better next year.

I think I moved them after they bloomed and turned yellow, I cut them down
and dug 'em up. Must have been late summer when I did that.

I can't help w/the coreopsis :-(
LeeAnne

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I'm very new at gardening. I started with a small patch in the front of my
house a couple of years ago. Last year I worked on starting my back

garden.
Since then, I've realized I should have my bleeding heart where my

coreopsis
is and vice versa. Neither does it's best where it is. My bleeding heart

is
done blooming (I'm zone 5) and my coreopsis hasn't started yet (not enough
sun where it is). Can I swap these out now, or do I have to wait til
fall/early spring? I'd hate to miss the season for the coreopsis, but

don't
want to hurt my bleeding heart.

--
LN in NH (zone 5)
...[they had] leisure to make beautiful things just for the fun of it... -