Old 11-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default bubble eye goldfish

Lee Brouillet wrote:
Bonnie, can you forward the links to me? I called a few folks, too, before I
said they were unsuited. So there are several of us that need our info
up-dated. The biggest LFS here said they were strictly aquarium fish, too
delicate for a pond.

Thanks!

Lee

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message

Tom La Bron wrote:

Muffin,

A friend in California breeds and keeps his bubble-eyed goldfish in

ponds

year 'round. I have bubble-eyes in my pond. The only thing that you

have

to remember is that usually stay mid to bottom in the pond and there

should

be no sharp edges in the swim area. They get a long fine.

HTH

Tom L.L.

"*muffin*" wrote in message

do any of you have these in your pond? ( we are looking for something

else,

besides the plain GOLD fish..)

how delicate are the eye bubbles?
what happens if they break?

Muffin wishes goldfish came in the same colors as koi

Muffin,

I gave incorrect advice and I apologize. I just got done
reading several magazine articles on bubbles eyes in ponds.
Apparently they are an interesting pond pet.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Actually it was a hard copy of Water Gardening Magazine.
The May/June issue has an article about the celestial-eye
and the July/August has an article about the bubble-eye.