Old 11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
KenCo

Default Is it legal? (plant acquisition)

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote:

Is it legal to take pond plants from a local pond?

nope, fines avg. $500.00+ per plant if caught
on public land.

private land w/ permission is ok unless its an
endangered species.

I have a Pickerel weed (given to me by a friend who was thinning theirs) and
would like more. My local pond has a TON. As a matter of fact, it has more
plant life than it ever has. Starting to look clogged. Tons of water lilies
as well. Is it illegal to take plants from a pond? Do I have to pay the $ to
get them at the not so local water nursery?

I don't want to do anything illegal here, so I'm checking. Who would I ask
locally to find out for sure? I'm not sure the police would know about that
sort of thing, would they?

--
LN in S.NH

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.