Old 23-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Pear Tree Death

In article ,
"The Ranger" writes:

| Damn. That's what I was afraid of; not much can be done because of the level
| of damage and how long I let it spread. I could probably excavate a large
| portion of the dirt that is currently in the area but that doesn't even
| sound like a "sure thing."
|
| Maybe a non-pome sapling is more appropriate now...

That's the safest solution.

But don't take all of the dire warnings as certain - it is a very
unpredictable disease and plants often don't get it or get it and
recover. Bordeaux mixture helps.

I get the impression it is more serious in the USA than the UK,
even on the same plants, but I have no idea why.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679