Old 11-07-2003, 10:08 PM
nick

Default [IBC] Water pH

Gordon

as a fish keeper and a bonsai enthusiast let ne tell you that the soil
will change the PH if it is new but this affect is quickly removed after
repeated waterings if you added peat fibre to the water and let it stand
for a week this would lower the PH Ph is a funny old thing it is not the
only factor in the equasion there is the hardness to consider and TDS total
dIsolved salts remember the lower the PH and hardness the less stable the
water is with a tendency to fluctuate very quickly in a few hours sorry to
baffle you but there is a solution

You can buy a R/O unit reverse osmosis this attaches to a mains water
pipe and in affect removes all total disolved salts all harmfull chemicals
and minerals and most trace elements and lowers PH

I use one for my azaleas you just have to watch the trace element side wich
is easily fixed by a pinch of trace element frit once a month you can
water your trees all over when the leaves dry not a mark on them if you
live in the USA check out www.kentmarine.com

a 15 gallon a day unit is probbably £90 dollars thats a guess