Old 11-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Plant patents

I agree with what you all have said about crossing the parents and "trying"
to create your own but you probably won't get identical results.

There are people out there dedicating their lives to creating that special
orchid with a particular feature and someone may create the first big blue
phal or paph rothchildianum with 20 flowers or whatever someone else dreams
up.

I chose phals for my example because you can clone a bizillion of them using
current asexual techniques.

I just thought this would make some good conversation while we wait for the
orchids to grow.

Gene