Old 23-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Default Soil testing kits

For ph purposes litmus paper does as accurate a job as is needed.....some
folk are just too fussy about accuracy.....as a youngster I remember dad
having superb results year after year and the only ph testing he ever did
was tasting a bit of soil (can still see dad now spitting it out and saying
"It needs a little bit of lime son")...... I dont like the taste of soil so
I use the litmus paper...have also used a kit and also find them to be as
accurate as needed. For info...I can ride down the road about five miles
and get all the real accurate readings I could care for and for
free......at the local Extension Service but figure, why bother when I have
my supply of litmus paper and distilled water.......HW