Old 11-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Gordon Williams

Default [IBC] Water pH

Hi,

Actually, I was told that the water was very soft here in Ottawa. They have
the pH this low to prevent damage to the pipes. We have a problem with lead
pipes and lead getting into the drinking water here and the change in pH is
supposed to reduce that. I as told that if the water was harder, the
minerals coat the pipes and reduce the lead.

Anyway, I was surprised by the low value and was wondering if this was the
reason my pines were dying.

Regards,

Gordon Williams