Old 11-07-2003, 11:38 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Opium poppies

"amanda wrote in message Oddly enough the garden plots in our nursery are
full of them too.

I have not sown any seed and we are out in the countryside so I suspect

the
birds. They do look nice though.

((snip))

Some years ago someone, who obviously wanted to brighten up the place,
broadcast seed of said poppy along a freshly dug side of the M3 between the
M25 and Sunbury.
Next year there was a wonderful display of poppies for some days until one
morning on the radio I heard "delays town bound on the M3 due to the inside
lane being closed due to the Council spraying the beautiful flowers all you
drivers have been admiring because they are..... opium poppies!!!, a driver
reported it to the police who say they cannot understand where they have
come from." Horror, horror......

Waste of public money if ever I heard it and an admission of ignorance buy
all involved in the Council/Police/Media......and of course, that fool of a
driver who presumably must have been a gardener.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.