Old 11-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Toad - injured or deformed.

Bob Adkins wrote:

Toads are under rated. They are voracious eaters of insect pests, and real
tough survivors. I found an adult toad that had fallen in my water shut-off
box, and he was skinny as a stick. He survived there a long time with only
an occasional bug and a few drops of water which is absorbed through the
skin.

I like toads. I have a terracotta toad house under some bushes that has
had the same occupant for the past two years (which is when I put it
there). I bought it as a garden decoation but you can also make an
effective toad house by truning a terracotta pot upside down if it has a
chunk taken out of the lip. Good way to make good use of a damaged pot.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu