Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Vandals Update

Good, pity the blighters can't be put in stocks for a day or two

Jim W wrote:
: The Devil's Advocate wrote:
:
:: Thanks to all who commented on my Sunday posting.
::
:: A police lady has just been and taken a statement from me. The three
:: lads were warned off after my second 999 call on Sunday. At 9.30
:: that evening the police at Whitleigh, which is about 2 or 3 miles
:: from here, arrested the same ones in possession of a stolen strimmer
:: and other equipment from the allotments below ours. They answer bail
:: on Friday week and will be charged with either possession of stolen
:: goods or stealing by finding. She is not sure if they can prove they
:: broke in to the huts. Two of the lads even admitted they were just
:: off to sell it.
::
:: Three cheers for the police, I say; down here anyway
::
:: Robert
:: The Devil's Advocate
::
::
www.pafc.co.uk
::
:: Had to call 999 twice this afternoon as three lads were trying to
:: gain entry to the site. The police caught them, they say so I am
:: hoping all will still be in one piece tomorrow. Three cheers for the
:: boys and girls in blue. This is the second time they have caught
:: people recently. I hope I'm not pushing my luck writing this
:
: Further update to my earlier posting.. Another culprit has been
: caught,
: and this time photographed, by some of our plotholders.. Apparantly
: they were heard openly talking on the plots about a "Greenhouse they'd
: done last year" and debating whether to "Do it again" This one guy
: has
: been reported to the police with his photo..
: Interestingly he is known to be friends with 3 who were caught
: previously.
: Another interesting thing is that one of our holders has looked up the
: legal definition of Burglary. Roughly it is "The act of entering a
: building or other premises with the intent to commit theft etc."
:
: I would guess it depends on if the Allotment Site is considered as
: 'premises or property'
:
: And so it continues..
: //