Old 11-07-2003, 11:49 PM
bnd777

Default Rats in Compost Bin

I had that problem till I built solid sided bins with solid lids and mounted
them on solid pallet bases ......thus 4 inches off the ground
..........liberally painted all round the bin sides etc with creosote
had no more problems since then

"Andrew Wells" wrote in message
Hi

We've got rat(s) in our compost bin (wooden "beehive" sort, with gaps
between
the sections and at the bottom that I can well believe are big enough for

rat to squeeze through). The council sent someone round today to put down
bait, but:
- is there anything I can do to stop them coming back?
- will the worms in there be okay?
- is there any danger of the rat(s) dying in there?
- will the compost still be okay to use?

Thanks

Andrew
--
Andrew Wells
Replace nospam with my first name to reach me