Old 11-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Good tomato fertilizer?

In article , Brian
wrote:

Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

In article ,
Joanne wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. Road salt has caused a sectionof my
flower garden to be very difficult to grow "anything" in (may have
found a solution this year, a great big 3 foot planter covering the
area).

While I realize you are wanting this area for edibles, rugosas tolerate
road salt extremely well (they like to grow near salt-water too). Some
varieties do produce substantial hips for rosehip tea.

There is a mis- understanding. The poster said about calcium chloride
which they use to melt ice on the road. It is not rock salt (sodium
chloride) The calcium chloride it usually small round white balls. It is
usually sold to be yard and concrete safe, unlike road salt. I may be
wrong but pure calcium chloride contains no salt like road salt.

OIC