Old 12-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Tomatolord

Default Brush cutter

A brush cutter model starts at about 160$ - the cheaper ones dont have the
capacity to take the abuse.

Now the blades that come with them will only cut a small 1/2 or so brush..

go to a true hardware store like burke brothers and they sell REAL cutter
blades for your trimmer. Just bring the useless blade they give you with
you so they can see the dimensions.

tomatolord

"Nagaraj" wrote in message
I am new to gardening and looking to buy a trimmer/edger. I was told
that you can also buy a brush cutter blade from local homedepot and
replace the string with the blade to cut small bushes and weeds in my
backyard.
Can anyone give me advice on what kind/make to buy? Can I buy electric
trimmer/edger's like black and decker for 50$ and buy the extra blade
or do I need to buy a gas trimmer?

Thanks,