Old 12-07-2003, 02:20 AM
joe

Default Light Kit Transformers

stricks760 wrote:

If I get a normal landscape lighting timer (12 VDC) at e.g Home Depot, can I
run pond lights with it (assuming wattage works out, etc.)

The pond stores charge a fortune for what is (I think) a fairly
run-of-the-mill landscape lighting timer. I would obviously get real
pondlights.

Absolutely. Although, I bought a 300w malibu transformer for, I think about
$100. After 2 months it died. Home depot is a great place. I took it back,
got another. Two months later - poof. One more time; two months later - yup.
So I bought a different brand (300w for $48) still going strong. Can't
remember the manufacturer, but email me privately and I'll go look.

Joe