Old 12-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Robert Seele

Default [IBC] Larch

I have several Tamaracks , Larix laricina 'Tamarack , which I
collected several years ago. I have read several articles on caring for
them and I am confused.

I would like to know when, how and how much to pinch them back, like
how many new leaves should I leave on each whorl ? Should I continue
to pinch back the new shoots all year or do they need to grow some
before winter ? For the most part I do not want them to get much bigger.

Also I have read one should wire before the buds open up in the spring,
and another article stated by wiring then you could damage the cambium
and kill that branch. Confused.

Bob Seele
Nicely outside of Chicago

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++