Old 12-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Tono

Default Gas line trimmers - need opinions.

Vic wrote:

Some folks would b hesitant t get the refurbished JD, but at least i
know its working now (I could have gotten a lemon with a "new" trimmer
that wasn't refurbished) and it still has the full warranty.

Refurbished is sometimes better than new. The serviceman tweaks
adjustments better than the mass produced new ones. A few years ago at
sears they had some reburbished stuff they wanted to get rid of ASAP.
Now I don't usually believe craftsman (crapsman) is the best for any
tool, but the price was right, they were outside on a rack, and each had
just enough gas for me to start them. (picture a guy with a running
chain saw in a sears parking lot!) Oh yes, it was a trimmer for $50 and
a chain saw for $50, both with full warranty. Both of them start first
or second pull, every time, hot or cold (and as for the chain saw, that
also means when it is well below freezing). The trimmer bump works
fine. Someone MUST have made it for sears and they just stick their
name on them.

Tono