Old 12-07-2003, 04:08 AM
John DeBoo

Default Earthworms

JNJ wrote:

That certainly sounds like the reporter may not have done thorough
research and may very well have started out with a bias, a big no-no in
professional journalism.

Yes, I will try to remember to read the article, but I doubt it will
convince me that all earthworms are good for is attracting moles. I also
doubt it will change anything I've said here; reading will tell.

Glenna -- The poster failed to give the details of the article. In fact, it
was well supported. The article was not in reference to gardening or
farming though -- it referred to a specific ecosystem, namely native
forests, where earthworms disturb a balance that has been in place for
millenia. I quoted a few bits from the article in my response to the
original poster.

Don't you hate it when Mother Nature changes thingsG?