Old 12-07-2003, 05:32 AM
zxcvbob

Default Apricot seedling

John DeBoo wrote:

zxcvbob wrote:

snip

If you are patient, you can plant the pits and wait and see how bad
the fruit is. Who know; you may get that 1-in-a-thousand good
seedling, and you can name it. When it sucks, convert the tree over
to a good variety by replacing the limbs through pruning, budding, and
grafting.

It could be a fun 10 year project.

If the fruit is lousy I'll cut that puppy down and turn the trunk on the
lathe into something useful & burn the rest. With my luck it would
probably stink tooG.

You can do that with the limbs. Use the trunk and the roots as a rootstock
for your grafting practice. You'll have a good tree in another couple of
years.

Bob