Old 12-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default What are these white cottony-like thingies on my plants....?

Phaedrine Stonebridge said:

We had an extremely wet spring. And now a lot of plants in our garden
have this white, cotton-like fuzzy stuff on some of the stems and stem
axes. It reminds me of mealy bugs but I have only ever seen those
indoors before. Can anyone guess what we have please?

Well, I hope these aren't fungus patches. Pythium rots will produce patches
of white fuzz, and has been reported at higher than usual rates this year, due
to the wet weather.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)