Old 12-07-2003, 02:08 PM
kryppy@.

Default FIRE ANTS: Shop Vac & Incineration

On 12 Jul 2003 03:34:22 -0700, (zebrin) wrote:

Put bag in shop vac and use 2 heavy duty extension cords, suck them
out and then burn the bag. We heard in some states its so bad the
city doesn't allow home owners to remove them in any way. The city
has to? Comments?

1. Don't stand in any out of place dirt mounds while removing sand
spurs from your socks!

2. If you are going to carry an empty 55 gallon drum that has been
laying on its side in the yard for a while, make damn sure to look at
it before carrying it against your body!

3. Don't start smashing them with your hands when covered with them!
It just makes them more angry, and will leave you with hand prints all
over you, and sand spurs stuck in your hands.

4. Compressed air can be your best friend when covered with the little
*******s.

5. All the gasoline in the world poured down the hole will make no
difference.

Just a few things I have learned through the years from our little
friends.

Keep in mind, they get very angry when you disturb their mound, if
your vac doesn't have a fifteen foot extension tube I wouldn't
consider it, they will circle around and get you!!

I don't really like chemical solutions, BUT Amdro is your friend with
these things.
http://www.amdro.com/Amdro/Tips/index.html