Old 12-07-2003, 02:20 PM
animaux

Default Victoria's garden

On 11 Jul 2003 07:08:19 -0700, (Steve Coyle) wrote:

Howdy folks,
In regards to this snippet
"! I love the
prayer flags too. I wonder how they hold up in the central Texas sun. You must
replace them regularly or they would bleach white I would think.

They do bleach out in the sun, but I like the way that looks, like
the old flags you see on the stupa's. I always like a few reminders of
'impermanence' to remind me that I'm not the only one getting old and
decrepit.
There are a number of places in town you can get them, saw them at
the Natural gardener, but if you do some digging on the net you might
find a mail order place with a good price. In addition some of the
.orgs that help with refugee work raise money selling products, which
is a nice way to spend your dollars. I believe the Tibetan Nun's
project that Victoria mentioned ( she put the URL in her post in this
thread ) sells some products, I don't remember if they did flags, but
it's a good group and the site is worth is a visit. ) and there are
other sites you can find, doing an advanced search on 'tibetan prayer
flags'. A portal site for links I use is :
http://www.tibet.org/Relief/

take care,
Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com

Speaking of the Tibetan Nun's project, after 9-11 we got very
concerned mail from a sponseree who was worried about us and wasn't
sure how far away from the WTC, Austin Texas was,which was nice to
think of someone on the other side of the world taking the time for
prayer for us, and it was timely concern we apreciated, given our
families siutation regarding those events. I have a lot of regard for
the work that particular group does, and think they are well worth
supporting.

Post left fully intact as I agree with every word. Tibetan Nuns are the most
gentle souls on the planet. We can help them by purchasing their merchandise,
and/or selling their handmade bracelets in shops. I'm trying to get some here
to spread around and sell in the many, many shops we have in Austin who actually
care. Their website address where you can help is:

http://www.tnp.org/help/products/index.html

Also visit their home page from there to find out more about these gentle souls.

www.tnp.org