Old 12-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Artificial lighting

One more thing, I have been keeping fish for 40 years, everyday
i help dozens
of people who have probelms with their fish. Often they have

done things that
were not smart to say the least. I always try ot be as kind as

possible and
guide them in the right direction keeping in mind that everyone

has their own
unique problems and needs when keeping their fish. Never have i

tried to make
anyone feel stupid or inferior because they didn't keep the

same fish as me to
want to do it in the same way as me. Bill Butler you seemed to

delight in
trying your best to do both. If you are persopnifacation of the

averge Bonsai
grower then I feel for your hobby and the people who want to

participate in it.
A display of living creatures is always a difficult this to

bring about but
there is also never just one way to do it. If I stepped over

teh line by asking
for advice then i am sorry and i will never make that mistake

again.

A note from your listowner . . .

A little nice, please folks?

Moontanan, I don't think Bill was being purposefully unhelpful,
though perhaps a bit undiplomatic. And it is NEVER helpful to
address people personally on the list. If you have a difference,
iron it out via PRIVATE mail. Public name calling just makes YOU
look/sound ugly. Now, you are posting via rec.arts.bonsai. I
cannot do much about that, but I CAN bar messages from R.A.B.
individuals from reaching the linked mailing list, which is more
than half of the participants here. So, let's all please be
good.

Thanks.

That said, I'm sorry you lost your greenhouse, but I don't
believe that any amount of wishing will allow bald cypress to
thrive indoors. They may live for a while, but will decline and
eventually die. Even trees that survive indoors (Serissa, ficus,
etc.) do not really like it. Indoors is not the native habitat
of any tree or shrub. Some can survive, most cannot. Some die
almost immediately, others decline over a period of years. The
result is the same.

A physiological fact of life (or death).

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++