Old 12-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Artificial lighting

Manny:
I'll answer each question individually:

Manuel A Chavez wrote:

Carl,

Thanks for the responses. I have a few questions.
Now that your buttonwood has recovered do you continue to grow it in you ICU
area?

NO. I have it on a propagation mat. In the corner between a southern
exposure window and a Western Exposure window.

How often n an average are you watering it? The 1/4 tsp Miracid, is
that per gallon of water?

I water my Buttonwood every single day. I have a fairly loose soil with
a handful of regular garden dirt added. The 1/4 tsp Miracid is to a
gallon of water. .

Finally. mine is currently on a humidity tray,
I have thought of using a propagation at instead of the humidity tray. If I
do should I supplement the humidity by other means? Thanks in advance for
your help.

I found that humidity trays do absolutely little if nothing to raise the
humidity around the tree/s. I have a Humidifier in my Green house,
which operates 24 hours a day, except this time of the year, since I
have my green house open. I don't quite remember where you live, but I
live several blocks from the ocean on one side and several blocks from
the bay. This time of year we have about a 55 to 65% humidity. In the
winter I keep my greenhouse at about the same humidity. It is too much
humidity for the inside of the house. Every spring I have to clean and
scrape the green algae off the windows and doors and walls... I also
have an oscillating fan running 24/7. That keeps the pest population
down to almost 0. The apiders seem to take care of any pests that
manage to land on my 40 some indoor trees.

I hope this helps.

Best regards, and if I can be of further help, just ask.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++