Old 12-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Toad - injured or deformed.

Maybe a cat caught him? I found a dead toad at the bottom of my water
garden, and one of his rear feet was missing. I doubt that either of my
pond-drinking dogs could have gotten him, unless they dropped a tennis ball
on him. (You know, dog carrying tennis ball gets thirsty, drops ball in
pond, drinks, attempts to retrieve ball from under bell fountain spray, etc.
to the amusement of pond's owners!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Heather" wrote in message
Found a small toad 2" by the pond this morning. His front right leg

looked
like it was either cut off part way down and had healed over or maybe
deformed. Hard to know. Also his back left leg was tucked under him. I
couldn't really see if there was a problem with it or not.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Heather
SW Ontario (Zone 5)